How to Transfer Google Voice Number to another Account?
Google Voice is a telecommunication service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services to users at no charge. Google voice number accounts are unique for every user. You may need to transfer your Google voice number to another account or you might want to change the number.
If yes, then this tutorial is for you. This tutorial will teach you “How to Transfer Google Voice Number to another Account?” – follow the steps given below:
Steps for transferring your Google Voice Number to another account
- First sign in to your existing Google voice account. Once you are signed in, click on “continue”.
- Select “Transfer/Port” from under the manage tab. Click on “transfer your number to another account”.
- Click on “transfer your number”.
- Type the email address of your account that you want to transfer Google voice call forwarding to.
- Click on “send email”.
- Now head to your other account and check for an email from Google.
- Click on the link present in the mail.
This is how you can transfer your Google voice number to another account.
If you want to transfer your google voice number to another account, you’ll need the following information:
- Your Google voice number (ex: (502) 249-xxxx).
- The recipient’s google voice account email address (ex: [email protected]).
* If the recipient doesn’t have a google voice account, you can create a voice number for him.
In order to transfer your Google voice number from one google account to another google account, you must first disable call forwarding of your google voice number.
- To do that, on the account that has Google voice number on it, go to voice.google.com, sign in to your account and click on Call forwarding.
- Make sure that the Disable forwarding is checked.
- Next, open your account that you want to transfer the Google voice number to, sign in.
- Click on Settings and Phone Numbers.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page, under Transfer your number, click on Change/transfer your number and type your Google voice number.
- Since you already disabled call forwarding on the old account, no calls will be forwarded to this new number.
- So now you can transfer your Google voice number to the new account.
After transferring your Google voice number, it will take up to 24 hours for all the calls that are currently forwarding to your old number, to be forwarded to the new number.
Once this process is complete, you’ll no longer receive phone calls and voicemails on the old Google voice number.